Sunday, July 31, 2011

Church and hair

So my dad has been telling me how much he misses my blonde hair so this is for you dad...





Lol. No this is really why:
I have been listening to a lot of Christina Perri for the last two years or so (Last year, she became popular when her song Jars of Hearts was used for a dance on So You Think You Can Dance.) (Here is a version of her singing with one of my fav SYTYCD dancers, Neil) I have really been loving her hair and as I thought about how appropriate it would or wouldn't been, I realized that I don't work with adults; I work with teens and kids who would think a cut and colour like this would be great. So I did it and I love it! Thanks Becky!!

For those of you who are curious of the great peacock feather hair piece that I am wearing. I made it yesterday. I bought the feathers at Michael's and the costume jewellery quite a few years ago. It was fun to make and way cheaper than any of the ones that I have seen around.

Church today was interesting. I guess because it is the fifth sunday both the priesthood and relief society are supposed to combine but no one was planning to teach that was here so the men watched a church movie and the women talked about their sunshine moments. One woman got up and started talking about a blog that she had read from her daughter and as she said the story it sounded familiar... Well, it turned out to be my sister, Crystal and her blog post found here.
It made me realize that, no matter what you do or where you are, people are watching. AND, those people will learn from your example, good or bad.
I like the quote "If you will not be a good example, you will become a terrible warning."
Now, I don't think that any of my posts are a "terrible warning"... other than maybe to stay offCalgary roads...
But there are things that I can do to be more of a good example. I do talk spirituality at times, with friends or on here and I do try and portray a positive outlook when I think about situations, but I can be praising the Lord more in all of what I say and do.

So, here's a positive blessing from the Lord that happened to us this week:
I have already said that Scott got into grad school, and that we would have to pay for that. I was so exciting that he got in, but disappointing that we would have to pay as that will put us into more debt. Sometimes I struggle with school debt. It is good to go to school and gain an education, but when people out of high school can go up North and work in the oil field for quite a lot or there are people who work in the trades that make twice as much as I do... Or More! Which all makes going into debt for education hard. But we know it is the right thing and that the Lord wants people to get education because our knowledge goes with us when we die. (If you want to learn more go to this website.)
So back to the point: Scott got an email this week stating that the university had more funding and could fund him in the stats program that he is going into. We don't yet know what all that entails because some students have their tuition covered AND are paid to TA. So, whatever amount they are helping us with, we are grateful to them and to the Lord, who knew that we needed help and that schooling costs were getting high. And like my sister said in her blog- Somebody's got to tell the university that they are working for the Lord.
We are so grateful for the little blessings and miracles as much as we are grateful for the large ones!

2 comments:

  1. Great post....and not just because you mentioned my blog, lol...I can't believe someone in calgary read it, so random, ha ha...and yes, the university sure is working for the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in Coaldale this weekend for church.

    ReplyDelete