So here is what we have been doing in picture form.
We went to the Canadian National Championship for track and field where we got to watch Sam Effah run!!! He is the fastest Canadian at the moment. Speaking of fastest Canadians... Donavan Bailey was there and I got him to autograph Scott's jacket that I was wearing. Even better, this jacket is from the 2004 Olyumpics- the last year Donovan ran! SO cool!!!

Scott and I have heard about Bragg Creek but we hadn't gone there yet and it is fairly close to where we live, so one Saturday we drove out there and ended up at Echo Falls. We went on a short hike with Huckleberry, who had a great time!
July 2 was Jim's birthday and we went out to Little Bow/Traverse Dam for the day. We got there first and because of bad reception at the lake, stayed up the hill waiting for the others to come. Huckleberry loved playing in the grass that was at least twice as tall as he was. His favourite game that day was hide and seek- I would run away and jump down in the grass and he would bound through the grass to find me. This is him after finding me on one occasion.
We had fun, although Huck and I both got sun stroke. But it only took a bottle of poweraid for me and a sip or two for him and we were feeling a little better!
This past Friday (two days ago) on my way to work, there was some drama. I was driving North on Deerfoot and had gotten through town with enough time to stop for gas in Balzac. Just after passing the second exit to the airport, I saw cops lights headed towards us in the South bound traffic- probably over 1 Km away. When I looked back at my side of the road, there was a brown van coming towards, going a decent speed, driving South in the North bound lanes. There was a black SUV which was just about past me in the left lane and we both had enough time to swerve, me to the right and the black SUV to the left. Well, the brown van hit the black SUV on the passenger side and flipped it. I saw the SUV go up into the air like the movies and it landed right beside my car so hard that I felt the impact of it hitting the road, then it continued rolling into the median.
I pulled over to the right and called 911. While on the phone, I noticed that the flashing lights I had seen was an EMS vehicle and they were out in the median with the SUV and helping the man in that vehicle. I was told to stay in my car and give a report, which I did after calling work to tell them I'd be late. I am so glad that I work where I do- one of the other counsellors helped me through some breathing exercises because I was pretty shaken and then they sent me home to rest, knowing that I was not grounded enough to support anyone else that day. Later, while looking at the news, I read that the man in the van had a medical condition and that was why he had ended up wrong way. Both men were taken to hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. I was so glad that the Lord blessed me to not be hurt and have such capable people around me that could help when I was feeling overwhelmed.
After getting home, I realized that my car must have been scrapped by some of the debris as there was a few new marks on the back side of my car.

Me and H sleeping in the van on Friday while Ian and Linda and Scott were out. That is H's favourite place to be on anyone.
Yesterday, Scott went to play tennis with Tyler and I got to go use my groupon for a glass making project. This place was in MacKenzie Towne, which is only a few subdivisions East of us. I really felt like I was back in England. Other than me and the two girls running the store that day, everyone I met or heard had a British accent and the stores all reminded me of England, too. There was even a candy shop with real British candy in it. The owner said she was from England and ships the candy here. So here is a picture of my glass creation before the kiln (I'll have to put another up when I get it back- it'll be a bowl) and a picture of the best English candy ever- my fav is the apple but they are all good!


Well, that is really it for us at the moment. Work is going well, although I get pretty tired after driving the hour home but it has been nice. Scott and H have been having fun at home and Scott has been able to tutor and spend time working on his tennis skills and been able to do a lot of biking.
Next weekend we will be down in Lethbridge for some much needed hair cuts, family and friends time and a short Temple trip, hopefully.
Hope you are all doing well and enjoying the summer as much as we are!!
No comments:
Post a Comment