So, at work, I have an hour for lunch but I have been finding that it is too much time. I want to work on my case notes or look up something for a client- which is work not lunch...
I guess I need to get a new book to fill that hour of time.
What would really be great is if we trained Huckleberry and I got permission to take him to work. Then I'd have something to do at luch for sure! He is a mover, that one- and very social.
This weekend we helped Scott's brother and his family move into their new place in Strathmore. Jim was joking that Strathmore was the new Taber- and it is! They are so similar!!
During the move, Huckleberry wanted to play with everyone and lick everything! The good thing about the move for him was that he went to the bathroom outside for the first time... and a few more times!
On Monday, Dave and Leslie and kids came up to visit along with Scott's parents. It was nice to see everyone and do some visiting. Huckleberry loved playing with the kidos... only problem is his favorite game is what Scott has dubbed Bite'em. Basically he lays on his back and nips while the person attacks his tummy. I was a little worried every time he played with the kids because I don't know if he understands that they don't want their hands bit and they don't understand that his game is to nip... We'll see what we decide to do... The one nice thing is that other than that game, he doesn't bite other people- he'll bite Scott, Ian and I but seems to leave everyone else alone unless playing the Bite'em game.
Huckleberry loves Scott's dad and so he loved this weekend! And found his new favorite toy- Babies!! Specifically Cade. lol
He would lick Cade's hand and try to lick Cade's face. Every time Cade was close, that was where Huckleberry wanted to be.
Work is going well and other than long lunches, I am enjoying every minute of it. The drive isn't great and now there is construction all along Deerfoot but once I find another way to get to Airdrie, I'm sure it'll go back to being just fine.
So, The real reason for this post?! Last week Scott got accepted to Grad school at the UofC! Yay, I am so excited!!
We will be paying for his schooling but we don't have to move to Ottawa or somewhere else and we don't have to wait until he's done this second degree! The way it normally works is that the student takes two classes a semester and TA's some classes. Then at the end of the program there is a major project defence, like my grad was.
Scott already has two classes finished so we'll see how that changes the dynamics of the program for him. I'd love it if he could do the summer semester next year and be done sooner- but who knows... At least he's in!!
Thanks for all the prayers and thinking about us!!
No comments:
Post a Comment