Now that I am no longer sick and have a little time before bed, I thought I'd write about Christmas.
It was a chaotic and peaceful, family and fun filled, sleepless, restful and sick break. Does that all work together?
Scott and I got sick as soon as we got up to Lacombe with my family. We got to spend Christmas with the Thompson's and were so grateful for a friend of the family who let us stay at their house- you know who you are- Thanks so much! There were almost twenty people trying to crowd into the Thompson's while we were there, which included some friends of my parents. We got to spend some time with Seth, who I haven't seen for a long time- might have been since the last Thompson Christmas down in Lethbridge. He is still growing and is very inquisitive. It was nice to talk with him a few nights and answer some of his questions. We went to the old folks home with all the families we used to and it was crazy how many people were there, even when two of the families left the grandkids at home. It was quite fun and we even threw in a practiced twice song that the girls sang which was a lot of fun- missed you J while we were singing!
We got to play some of the games we brought at night once the grandkids were sleeping. I am so glad that we brought them, they were well used!
The kids did some sledding and... Mom got her pictures! Thanks Maren! Along with taking the extended family picture, she took some of the kids families- Scott and I may soon have pictures that are not windy and not with one of us in a cap and gown! I am pretty excited! And happy that mom got some pictures of all of us! Can't wait to see them, Mom!! Yay!
After the fun time with the Thompson's, we joined the Robison's for a bit and got to hear how their trip to Utah was. We also got to take a break at the Temple, which I truly needed after that semester! I love going to the Temple. And we got our hair done, which I love doing, especially because I really enjoy chatting with my hairdresser who is a close friend and was one of our bridesmaids.
After that we went to Kalispell, MT for a little bit of a break. The hotel was cheap and we got to shop as well as use the hot tub. We got some clothes for me and a couple of small useful kitchen appliances. The drive was nice and the roads were not horrid. I was also able to finish two books over the Christmas holidays, which hasn't been close to possible during the semester- I think I may have read to novels the entire semester!
Oh! I almost forgot... And fireworks!!! None of the bees that I loved in July but still quite a bit of fun. I still got to enjoy the small spinners! Maybe next time I will light a big firework...maybe... It was so much fun though- although SOOOO cold! lol
I did miss Crystal's usual fondue and games party and wish I could have included that into the time. Maybe next year, Crystal!
Overall, the whole break was good and a nice break from schooling for a few days!
Once we got back to Coaldale, we decided that Scott would stay for the week and I would go up to school for my block week.
So, I hope he is having fun and I am slowly getting back into the grove of schooling and all the nuances that need to be dealt with at the start of a semester! lol
So, that was the holidays and we are done last semester, which is a joy!
One more semester to go for me; time to look for jobs... Hopefully that will work out ok!
No comments:
Post a Comment