I have to say that I felt like I was in a DIY show this weekend. On Saturday night after we decided that we weren't going to BC and we were going to stay home instead, we decided to reno our bedroom instead. We had a few ideas and had some white paint in the basement and decided to grab some wallpaper. So, Saturday night, after Maudie went to sleep until today after her nap, we changed our bedroom and I am in LOVE!!
I am so grateful for a husband who felt like this would be something that I would like and put in the effort to get me something that I would like.
So, here are the photos with some details to go along with them!
Before- Forest green feature wall and white walls everywhere else.
Boring and drab.
White walls, and you can kind of see the brown fan.
You can also see the brown headboard in the middle of the room there.
And the curtains that are nice, but don't do anything for the room.
Here is the green wall, during...
White!
Can you see that there is a difference between teh top and bottom here? Well, there is bead-board wainscotting on the bottom half.
Here is the design. Scott wanted it on all the walls and I wanted it on the previously green wall. We compromised with saying, we would put it on 3 walls and skip the wall wit the closet and bathroom... But after taping the diamonds, we went with one wall. I think Scott would still have preferred it on all the walls.
I guess I didn't take a photo after we sealed the tape with a coat of white paint, but we did. This makes the grey paint less likely to run into the white parts.
The grey walls with the tape off, with the wainscotting on the bottom.
The new black and silver fan to replace the brown one (it ended up in the guest room with the brown bed frame and brown decor)
There was also a brown mirror over my brown dresser which was replaced with this beautiful silver one.
The brown dresser is still there currently but once it is sold, there will be a black one in it's place.
And this is after the chair rail- Sooo great!
And a few with the room put together! We are still waiting for the headboard that is my birthday present, a grey tuffed headboard. And I will hopefully be able to post a photo after that, too.
There is the brown dresser that I was saying I was selling to replace with the exact one in black.



No comments:
Post a Comment