So, I was actually able to do the first stage for my closet and do all of M's last night.
I felt like I was in an organizing mood, I guess.
I say first stage for mine because I had a few shirts that I was wondering if I would wear them or not, and didn't know if I wanted to throw out but ones I haven't worn in a bit- like my cufflink shirts from England. And I just couldn't get rid of them... So, they are to the left of my regular, will wear, have worn often shirts.
I wish now that I had taken a before photo because my closet was packed! But to put it in perspective, I counted 50 empty hangers that I took to our guest room closet after I was done, so it was not bad.
Here are the photos.
Above; right- Spring summer shirts, left- do I wear these? We shall see.
This looks more chaotic but I think it is because of my scarf hangers, but here are my spring cardi's, dresses, and skirts (as well as my two scarf hangers on the left)
And my shoes. The pair to the right is missing a heel but I like them enough that I want to call around and get them repaired. In the very left corner are my boots- two pairs, brown and black.
The bin to the left is all of my winter/autumn clothes that were still in my closet taking up space although I know I won't wear them again until September at least. lol (And, I didn't go through them now, I'll do that when I take them back out again) And the black bag is going to good will. I also pulled out a smaller bag of things that I will attempt to sell on a buy and sell site I'm on, like some lulu pants and such.
After taking this picture, those two hoodies to the left (TNA possibly) went into the buy and sell pile.
The jeans, to the right and back, were put in the closet on the shelf because I still think I'll fit into them again. (Stupid fertility drug weight gain!!)
And the pile on the right is all of my maternity/ fourth trimester stuff that needs to go away until I get preggers again.
Well, that's it folks... At least for now. I didn't take pictures of my dresser, but I also have a drawer or workout, drawer or PJ's, a drawer of pants and one of shorts (I didn't go through my shorts drawer- I was too done by them but I'll do that next)
I may even have the room to put my pants in the closet now, but what would I do with the empty drawer. lol
And the best part? I didn't have to think about what I was going to wear for as long this morning! Win for me!
Next project- the master bedroom. (wa wa wa... or scary music would work here, too)
I want to make a headboard and get rid of some of the brown and possibly some of the green... We shall see.

No comments:
Post a Comment