I went to an all day conference yesterday, which was... quite long and boring some of the time. I didn't feel that what he was saying was directed towards the Alberta Health Services professionals (Social workers, clinical nurses, etc) but towards the doctors and non-clinical nurses in the hospital settings.
But then, one of the things that the speaker said reminded me of things I already knew and I was able to take what he said and apply it to me (however far a stretch it may have been.lol)
I remembered that it was me who chose my attitude and it is me who chooses how I will react to the things that are happening in my life. I can choose to get upset about things or I can choose to make the most of them.
And I tried to do so with this.
At the very end of the conference, he opened the floor to questions and one of the questions was how to learn something new every day. his response was to take time every night to review your day and what you could do tomorrow to make it better than today. It reminded me of the fact that we are told to do this daily as church members as well and I decided that I would make this one of my steps to reach my goal for this year, to have a better relationship with the Saviour.
If I really take the time before I pray, morning and night, to think about things that I could change and ways that I can make tomorrow better, and then I pray for help to be guided in ways that I can make tomorrow better, and then ponder this some more after prayer, I think that I could really improve that relationship with Christ and the relationships I have with those around me. I want to be able to see where I went wrong or where I missed an opportunity and strive to change that the next day.
Before Christmas I was feeling like I should do something for someone specific, it didn't feel like a prompting per-say, just something that would have helped that person. And I let the things of day to day life get in the way of doing that thing and never did. I wonder what would have happened if I had done something for them. Hopefully, I can rectify the situation now and do something nice for said person. Maybe I have past the ideal time and the help is no longer needed... But I think that if I show the Lord I can do this, albeit delayed, maybe I will receive more such reminders.
So, this week and for the next month (building a habit here, hopefully), I am going to strive to do this and see what changes in my life.
This also reminded me of the First Presidency message for January and another talk in that Ensign as well. I find it interesting that when I picked my goal for this year, I had not read the Ensign but had thought about what I needed to work on. Then the Lord, in His great wisdom, gave me a few little glimpses of the rightness of this goal.
PS-If any Young Women are reading this, I am sure that there is an experience in this somewhere that each of you could use. Faith 1, Individual Worth 3, Choice and Accountability 5*(This one is the closest to what I am talking about), or Good Works 3 or make your own- two opportunities to make your own in each of the values.
No comments:
Post a Comment