Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Double vision

My classes have seemed to calm down to a more manageable level, and on Thursday I am excited to attend a StatsCanada information session. I am actually quite happy with my choice to study BOTH actuarial science and statistics while here at U of C and coming to understand that a major part of my passion for mathematics stems from a love for statistics. Which is why I put so much time into my hockey pools' spreadsheets I love to have data and try to squeeze every ounce of information I can out of it.

After going to the temple the weekend before last I covenanted to sacrifice more of my time to gospel study. One day I was checking out the new.lds.org site and discovered a casting call for actors needed to play in New Testament and Book of Mormon projects the Church is working on. [ BTW: a great idea for FHE dressing up and having fun, I mean] I thought hey why not? That seems like a fun way to spend that mornings study time. I discovered at the end of the application a photo shot or too was requested... here is the result: 

I can't remember which one I am...
I also Included the following scriptures in my study: 
D&C 60 
 1 BEHOLD, thus saith the Lord unto the elders of his church, who are to return speedily to the land from whence they came: Behold, it pleaseth me, that you have come up hither;








 2 But with some I am not well pleased, for they will not open their amouths, but they hide the btalent which I have given unto them, because of the cfear of man. Wo unto such, for mine danger is ekindled against them.

 3 And it shall come to pass, if they are not more faithful unto me, it shall be ataken away, even that which they have.

 13 Behold, they have been sent to preach my gospel among the congregations of the wicked; wherefore, I give unto them a commandment, thus: Thou shalt not aidle away thy time, neither shalt thou bury thy btalent that it may not be known.
[Clearly one of my talents, being, looking like Joseph]

D&C 82
18 And all this for the benefit of the church of the living God, that every man may aimprove upon his btalent, that every man may cgain other dtalents, yea, even an hundred fold, to be cast into the Lord’s estorehouse, to become the common fproperty of the whole church—
19 aEvery man seeking the interest of his bneighbor, and doing all things with an ceye single to the glory of God.
[In this sense I need to look more like him? Or maybe I've got that down and now to work on acting more like him]


I thought a lot that day about living up to heroes and role models and becoming one myself.

Also, obviously Conference was great! The main things I am currently focusing on are: Gratitude (Pres. Monson, sun morn & Elder Holland, sat morn), Working Hard (Elder Christofferson, sat morn), Pride (Pres. Uchtdorf, Priesthood), Simplifying (Pres. Uchtdorf, sat morn). I hope that you all have your own list of things to work on or think about from conference, but if not borrow from my list if you like! You can find the Conference Sessions http://lds.org/conference/sessions

Have a great day! And count your blessings Then give thanks for them!


1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a resemblance. My kids thought that was awesome!

    ReplyDelete