
Although it has been stressful, I have learned some things and gotten something from some of my classes that apply to church type things as well. We have been studying things that the Dali Lama says and thinks. One of the things that he has said is happiness is not something that you are born with or without. Instead, it should be thought of like a muscle that canbe strengthened and weakened. This was something that really touched me.
Another thing he said is, "Persons are only persons with other people. As wedehumanize others, we dehumanize ourselves." This was reiterated and reinforced by the prophet last night at the general relief society conference. Pres. Monson talked about charity and how if we are judging other people, we do not have charity and we are not following that commandment. He had stories to emphasize his point and I really liked what was said. Charity and compassion are so important; It doesn't matter what other people do. I don't have a right to judge them or say that my thoughts or actions are better than anyone else's. As the scriptures say, "With what judgement [I] judge, [I] will be judged." And I want to be judged easily... Just a thought for myself- this isn't a judgement on others.

So, after all of this. I have two more things to work on and two more things that will bring me closer to Christ and Christlike behaviours.
Scott and I were also able to go to the Temple yesterday morning. I haven't been in a while because it is harder to get there now that we live in Calgary. Edmonton is still much too far and so it is still down to Cardston. It was so nice! We went to the first session and it was so nice to spend that time with the spirit and learn those things that I needed to learn at this time.

So many blessings in one week!
No comments:
Post a Comment