Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Birthday!!

I love Birthdays! I know being 29 that most people are dreading getting older and such but I think my love is due to a love of surprises.
This year because we went to England and spent a lot of money there, I really didn't expect a lot... Although I wanted Cold Stone Creamery ice cream. I left it up to Scott because of the whole surprise aspect... And I wasn't disappointed!
I started the day with a cute note from him on facebook and then it was off to the bus to catch the train to practicum and school. I had a long day at practicum and didn't have time to eat until 3pm. After practicum I hopped on the train to go meet Scott at the school so we could go get my surprise from the Market Mall. Once I got there we realized that it was too far to walk so we tried to get a bus, after missing two we caught one... Only to realize halfway through theroute that it was going the wrong direction. So, we got off and waited for the one on the other side of the road. It took us back to the University and after some more time, gotus to the mall.
Scott told me we had to go to jewellery shops, which was exciting... what were we getting??Cufflinks!!! We walked all over that mall, which had apx. 14 jewellery shops and other stores that sold them and we got the best pair there- I was so excited and very surprised!
Then it was back to the bus to catch the train. By the time we got back to the last LRT stop it was past 8 and so I called the bus link to see when the next bus was- 20 min away. So we decided we'd walk until the bus caught up to us. It was a good adventure and we finally got picked up around the Sundance Lake after walking at least 30 min. When we finally got home, we rushed out to get ice cream before it closed. It was pretty good stuff- way better than Marble Slab. Then home again to watch House and eat supper (after 9pm by this time).
It was a lot of walking and transit for a present that was so small and that was the best part.Scott acted so caring and loving the whole time and for me the effort that Scott put into getting this gift showed me so much the care and love he has for me and that made it the best birthday present ever!! (I also love the cufflinks and wanted to wear them to work today but I think people would notice that I was wearing the same outfit minus the cufflinks!) ;)
Then today, he let me sleep in! Wow, sometimes the difference between 6 and 7am is so big!
So, thank you Scott! You are the best thing in my life and I am so appreciative of all the effort you put into everything you do!
Thanks to everyone else who also wished me a happy birthday!
Michelle
The cufflinks!

Yum!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great day! Happy Birthday again! Sure was fun seeing you on Saturday

    ReplyDelete