Wednesday, March 31, 2010

DONE!!

I'm done my practicum! Done my BSW (except for two Friday morning classes)
Now, you may ask how I feel about all of this?
Nervous, excited and anticipating what comes next.
Yes, there are worries; like where to live, as people tell me it is hard to find renting in Calgary. Or what I actually do in this program, as I have been given no information, or what practicum placements are like, as I have already had to choose where I want to do my placement and now wait to hear if any of those places want me. ;)
But really I shouldn't complain. I have been so blessed to be in the program I am in now and to get into the Masters level so quickly. I have a plethora of social work tools at my disposal and I am graduating with high marks- hopefully honours marks. I have the entire summer to look for a place to live and possibly a part time job. I get to volunteer at LDS Family Services all summer, working with the girls I have been until they have their babies. I have a job that brings in money and pays bills which I can continue to do during the summer in Lethbridge.
So life is good and I am excited that this stage is coming to a close with another starting soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment