Work and school take up most of our lives.
I did get to go to BC for my school practicum right before the olympics but I didn't see much as we were super busy while there.
I was accepted to the Masters of Social Work one year course based program starting in September and a few days later Scott was accepted to the actuarial science degree as a second degree.
So, it's off to Calgary for us after this school year ends or possible after summer. I know this move will bring us closer to my parents and younger siblings but it will move us farther from Scott's family and m married siblings.
We really have enjoyed the ability to be close to so much family. Every weekend we are out at Scott's parents house and during the week do things with siblings.
Maybe some of our siblings will get jobs up there and move, too. fingers crossed.
The school is so much bigger which is a little scary. I do have one thing that makes it easier though. I took a summer class in Calgary this year in the Social Work faculty up there and they have their own wing of a building, complete with student lounge, study area and eating area. It is close to the library and not hard to get to from the train, which was what I took to school that week. The class size was much bigger but I have heard that only 35 people are accepted to the masters program, meaning my classes will be bigger than the 13-23 they have been in Lethbridge but not as big as Calgary classes usually are. I like smaller class sizes.
Scott's sister, Diane has been here most of this month and that has been a blessing. I really haven't spend a lot of time with her before this and really wanted to be able to know her better and vise versa. It has been really fun. Her daughter, Ava has gotten so much older than the last time we have seen her and she has been able to visit with cousins. That has been cute, as she and Addi will follow each other around the house. Last night we celebrated Tanner's birthday and after dinner the kids were running around the house in a line. Hannah would decide to go into one room and so Gage and Lindsay would follow her, shortly behind would be Katie, Addi and Ava following the older kids. Tanner seemed content not to join but it was hilarious to watch nonetheless :) lol Here are Addi and Katie in their cool dude sunglasses.
Diane told me that I should put more pictures up on my blog so here are some from my BC trip.
So this picture came out on the blog darker than it was when I took it. Don't know why. But this is a picture from the ferry.

This is a picture of a bed and breakfast right of the pier. It was beautiful!

Here is the Vancouver Temple. We snuck into the construction area and took some pictures. It is really nice and I heard that it is a little bigger than the Temple in Edmonton's format because it has to serve so many people. There are people that have been waiting for a long time for this Temple because of the fact that they are not allowed out of Canada due to immigrant laws and thus haven't been able to go to Seattle to have their Temple work done.

This was a bridge that was in the Vancouver area. Lindsay said that it was the one from Spiderman.
We went to BC the second week in February and there was no snow on the ground, no rain until the last day and there were tulips coming up already!
No comments:
Post a Comment