Sunday, December 27, 2009

Our Christmas!

We are truly blessed, especially in this season. We have had so much time with family this holiday and been able to deepen relationships with those that mean the most to us. Scott's family lives close by and we were able to visit often this week. Michelle's family came down after Christmas and we were able to see then two of the days they were here. On Sunday Elizabeth and Dan blessed their little girl. It was nice to see my family as we haven't seen them in a bit. Today, after I take down the tree, we will be going over to the Thompson's Christmas.

Scott already said how worried he was about his test... Well he did pretty great, in my opinion. He was worried about getting a very low grade and ended up getting a fairly adequate grade that proved all the work that he had done before. He is now trying to get some studying in during the holidays for his first actuary test on January 5th. He is pretty worried about it because the information is a step or two above what he knows and there is no way to learn the information from a class here. That test is next Monday and they are told immediately if they passed or not. We have been told that to pass even one test is hard and a really great achievement, so fingers crossed and lots of prayers. If any of you want to we would appreciate as many prayers as possible- he is doing his test from 12:30 to 4 on Jan.5.

A little bit more about Christmas now. This is my second year with the Robison family for Christmas and last year was a "Thompson year" meaning we were with my family mainly for Christmas and his later. Well, this year we started Christmas with a Robison tradition and we all had the opportunity to bear our testimonies to the family. All of the adults bore theirs and it was really nice to see the family closeness and feel the spirit that permeated the room. That is the meaning of Christmas to me; family and the spirit! It was so great and probably a highlight of the season. I have been able to spend a lot of time this holiday thinking of the life of the Saviour and reading about His life and pondering all that He has done for me. I really have enjoyed this break and the spirit I have been feelings. Crystal leant me a book called "Rock Solid Relationships" by Wendy Watson. It is a fairly good book and something that I think could help when I am a counsellor and people come in from the church with relationship problems.

I also got to read the Ensign for January in the last few days and wow! It was a great read and had a lot of things that touched me. I had never noticed this scripture before but in one article, there was a D&C quote that I will paraphrase. It says that if a person is able but unwilling to work, the Lord will not permit them to eat the bread of the labourer. Interesting! Says something about the Canadian welfare system too doesn't it?

Well, we love you all and appreciate all you do for us. We wish you all joy and growth in the new year, with many blessings and love!

Michelle (and Scott)

1 comment: