So Scott was super busy, so I took the time to pack the house, clean and move. I had a day that I didn't need to be at practicum because I had more hours than I needed, so I went over and moved things from the Evan's and to the apartment. I was a little scraped and bruised after but I felt quite empowered and capable once I was done.
We went to Lacombe last weekend with Linda and Ian. It was a great time! We drove up and my parents met us in Red Deer. We went back to Lacombe with them and had dinner and chatted for a while. It was quite a lot of fun. While Scott was outside playing basketball with Jonathan Rachel and Grandma and I talked. We got to hear a little about grandma's life when she was growing up.
Linda and Ian went to Leslie and Dave's and when we were done in Lacombe we met up with them again before going to Rocky for the night. On Sunday Samuel had his primary presentation in Lacombe and Dave's kids had theirs in Rocky. Sorry, Samuel we went to see the nieces and nephews. They did a great job!
Last night, Linda and Ian came out and we tried a new recipe for a roast chicken. It tasted amazing and then we made a gingerbread train with them. It was a lot of fun and afterwards Scott and I decorated the tree and the rest of the house. We also had time to unpack some of the boxes from the Evan's house. It was a busy and eventful night!!
Making the ginger bread train and the final product!

The front of the train! And the back!


First the lights went on. The Advent Calendar from Linda!
A Close up of the tree with it's leaves and pinecones. And on the floor. Perfect!

The beautiful tree! And another close up. Hope you can see the leaves and pinecones better here!

The stockings!
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!
So, the snow is crazy, with huge drifts! We went out this morning and tried to shovel four foot drifts off the sidewalks in front of the apartment building. In front of one of the doors we actually had to go out through the apartment instead of from the outside because there was not way to get to the stairs! So we are snowed in, as is most of Lethbridge. It's probably a good thing for us because we still have some homework to finish and the rest of the unpacking. I actually got my 15 page paper done this morning!! One more assignment for me and school is done until January 11th!!
Love you all and I hope you are enjoying the Christmas season!
Michelle
That reminds me. It is time to get a gingerbread house to decorate! Looks like you guys are all set for Christmas. I love your tree. Beautiful. Glad the move went well. Looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks!
ReplyDeleteYour decorations look great and I love the way the tree turned out- can't wait to see it when we come down- you will keep it up after Christmas for me?
ReplyDelete