Scott is not a big planner... He would love to have no plans and go with
whatever is happening last minute. Well, those of you who know me
well, know that if it was up to me, I would have the year planned out at
the beginning of January and stick to it. lol So, for Christmas, I
tried to let Scott have his way as much as possible... And then we had
things to plan around suddenly. Sorry Scott.
We had his two finals that he was giving (which the school decides the
dates of), we had a paediatrician appointment for the little one, I had a
dentist appointment and then another, etc. So, we made a tentative
plan to visit in Lethbridge with both sides of the family around the
tests and other appointments, which we would have to come back to
Calgary for. On my side of the family we would see everyone but Rachel
or Sister Thompson on her mission over in the maritimes. On Scott's
side we would see Jim and Jen and his parents. His sister lives in the
states and his oldest brother lives in Edmonton and wouldn't be coming
down. Well, the weekend that we were having the Thompson get together,
there was also a change of plans and Scott's oldest brother was going to
be able to be in Calgary. So, both his brothers and his parents came
to our place for a big get together on the Saturday and then on Sunday
it was down to Lethbridge for the Thompson get together. It was super
fun to see all the family and visit. The Edmonton kids are getting so
big since we have seen them last and it was hard for me to differentiate
between the second and third youngest because of this. I think I
called Eva Isabelle a few times and vise verse. Sorry girls, hopefully
I'll have it down next time.
The next day we were down in Lethbridge for the Thompson get
together. We had a $5 gift exchange which was funny as usual. We ate
at Crystal's and went to her and Elizabeth's church where both of them
were in the cantata and Pete conducted. They did a great job! I was
holding Magdalen on the end of the bench and Brosie, Elizabeth's
daughter was going from person to person along our bench. She came down
past me and I didn't think anything of it until she was running up the
stairs to the choir seats to where her mom was singing at that moment...
oops. Don't know who had been in charge of her but I was definitely
the last person on the bench and the one to have stopped her from
leaving. I had thought she was going to sit with her sisters and
grandparents who were sitting on the bench in front of us. I quickly
took of my four inch heels and tossed the baby to Scott and went up to
grab her. Then Grammie and I did a switch at the door and she was out
in the hall screaming with Grammie and I was back in my bench in my
shoes. Good times! Pete's daughters were here for Christmas as was
Seth so it was a full house at Crystal's... a full house of sickies.
lol My mother and brother were sick and by the time Christmas ended,
each family had some part of it. And H1N1 is going around again (Not in
our family yet that I know of)! Yay. lol We didn't seem to catch that
though just a cold that has lasted forever especially for the babes who
has not slept well at all the last few days. I digress.
My mom sent me a outfit that I had worn as a baby and I put it on Magdalen. I wore this at nine months or older because in the picture of me, I am walking by myself, which was at nine months. Here is little Maudie at nine months and she is too big for the outfit. lol Already taller than Momma.
After
that and through it all, we were able to have down time and Scott's
parents house with them. It is nice to hang out with them and relax at
their place. We also went to the ward party where Madgalen got her first picture with Santa. I wasn't going to do it at the mall because I feel like it is a waste of money and it isn't what I feel Christmas is about... But a free picture is fine. So, here it is...
We were able to go on two dates with them babysitting over Christmas.
One in Coaldale where we went to an East Indian restaurant in Coaldale
and the second up here in Calgary where we went to the second Hobbit.
Thanks so much, guys!!
I got this for Maudie in Lethbridge... Think it's pretty cute!
On Christmas eve day we drove back to Calgary
with Scott's parents to be at our place for Christmas. We woke up
Christmas morning and talked with Diane and then with Jim and Jen on
facetime and then opened our presents. It was nice to see that Scott
liked his sweaters! I knew he would be happy with the antenna I got him
because it was what he was thinking of getting himself so Christmas day
he and Ian were setting that up and he hasn't complained about TV
since! Thanks for the help, Ian! This was Maudie's first Christmas and
it was fun to see her get excited about toys- as excited as she can-
hyperventilating-laughing. But she still didn't really get it. It was
fun to watch Huck open presents and then we would give them to her.
That was what I think she liked the most because she loves to play with
his toys and this probably seemed like we were giving her his toys
because he would play with them first, ie open them and then she would
get them.
After that we got to talk with Dave on facetime and then headed out to
Strathmore to hang out with Jim and Jen and clan. We had decided to do a
Christmas gift exchange of date ideas which were around $35 each. It
was fun to see the ideas that people had come up with! Scott and I
ended up with picnic date and two movie dates! Now all we need to do
is get Magdalen to sleep for someone other than Grandma so that we can
go on a date... ;)
This cute hat was from our good friend. So cute!!
It was a great Christmas and we had a blast visiting with family and feeling of the love of the season. The funny thing that I realized this year is that it doesn't feel like Christmas to me until I can smell the real tree in the house. I guess that is from years of growing up with a real tree. And that means that I have to find ways to keep them lasting longer. Because we were everywhere this year, it didn't get watered as much as it should and it was one try twig when we took it outside. There are needles everywhere in the house, even places that I don't remember the tree ever being, like the bedrooms. lol
Here is the little tike on one of our drives to or from Lethbridge.
I hope you all enjoyed your Christmas and I hope that you missionary parents were able to see your son or daughter like my parents were with my sister. Family is the best and Christmas time gives us a chance to visit with them. I was glad we had so much time to visit this year, we didn't have as much time last year because I was working and we won't again in 2014 for the same reason.
So grateful for this time of year, for the life of Christ that we celebrate at this Christmas season. Love you all!











Great to read what you're up to. Love love LOVE the snow globe at the bottom! Yes you'll cherish this record in years to come....wish I'd kept better journals! Love Aunt J
ReplyDelete