Well, it's finally happened folks... My ring no longer fits all the time. I thought I would gain this sort of weight earlier as my sister gained so much weight in her hands and feet that her ring finger went from a size 7 to something like 11 and her ring had to be cut off. So, it's not bad that my ring finger has gone from a 5 to a 5 1/2 (or 5 1/2 to a 6) in the last few weeks of pregnancy. And really most of the time it still fits. It is only when I am in a hot room that it doesn't, but then it hurts to have on so I went to a different ring for a bit. Last year for Valentines day, Scott bought me a pearl ring for my right hand. It was a half size bigger that my wedding ring and I wore it every once in a while. As of this weekend, it has become my replacement for my wedding ring. My feet? Well, they don't seem too tight in my shoes but I have noticed weight around the ankles. Crazy! (and yes I used my belly as a backdrop for this pic. lol)
And for those who don't know- ie haven't seen me. I cut and dyed my hair- so here are some pic's-the first two are week 36ish and the second week 37ish but you can't see the belly there anyways.
So, what do I do when I realize there are only three weeks left? Make more things for the baby room. Scott bought me a beautiful frame for Christmas but because of the size and shape, I didn't know what I was going to do with it. I wanted to use it in the baby room but the black didn't seem to fit with the colours I already had. Then yesterday, I had a genius idea- I had a few flowers that I used to wear in my hair that I was planning on using with this little one but had nowhere to put them. So I glued fabric onto the cardboard that came in the frame and then glued ribbons onto it as well, although I decided to put the ribbons over the glass because then if I want to have this frame for something else later, I still have the glass and just have to cut off the ribbons. Before I put the frame back on, I felt like it was looking a little Easter egg-ish but I think turned out perfectly!
I also covered the rocker- only pinning on the fabric as I don't feel
like attempting to recover it with the foot stool attachment which looks
quite daunting. AND Scott, helped me finish the lampshade even though
he was quite busy yesterday and not feeling well. What a great hubby! (I'll have to take a pic of that later)
The last ball for the mobile-a yarn and glue thing at the moment- hopefully when it is done, it'll look great.
I took off work last week and Scott had reading week so we headed down to Lethbridge for the long weekend and from there to Montana for a little holiday before baby and without Huck (thanks grandma and grandpa!)
I didn't take any pictures in Montana (other than of vacuums- one of which we bought), but here are some pic's of the weekend.
Grandma works at the University and they had a family day activity day. There was swimming (which we didn't do), face-painting, soccer, gymnastics, hotdogs and chips, carnival games, drumming, rock-climbing and so much more. Here are some pictures of the Strathmore Robison's rock-climbing.
After that, we headed down to Montana where we both had massages, I got a mani/pedi, we did some shopping for baby and for the house in general, went to Ihop (Every time I go there in Canada, I am disappointed but in the states Ihop is great!!), and just generally hung out and vegged. We had a time share presentation which was not as pushy as we had thought (yay) and then we headed home a day early because I just wanted to be home.
It was also good timing because it meant that grandma and grandpa could go up to Leduc to see the Robison's up there for a granddaughter's birthday and that grandpa could go help the Strathmore Robison's get a motorbike.
We got a call from one of my brother's to help move a washer and dryer and Jim and Scott went to do that while Jen and I and the kids went to clean the church. Then it was finally home to a messy house- what!? I thought I had cleaned somewhat before we left. So, after cleaning and prep work for the next week, our week off was done.
It was nice to get a break and time off and it was great to spend some of the time with family and to get some spa treatments- Loved those!
Just less than three weeks to go- WHAT!?! And if other Thompson pregnancies are anything to go by it may not even be that long.









No comments:
Post a Comment