Friday, February 8, 2013

Five weeks left?

Really?!  Where did the time go?  I remember feeling like it was so long to go and suddenly there isn't much time left.  At work, I am transferring clients next week, taking a week off for reading week the 18th to 22, and then two more weeks of transferring and working two days the last week- only because if I don't take my vacation time, it is paid out to me and EI takes that as income during maternity leave, which means it is taken dollar for dollar out of my EI mat leave- NO good.  So for those of you who didn't know that- Good to know!
With prenatal classes, midwife appointments, dog training, and youth activities and lessons every week until then, my schedule is starting to look very full.  And then add to it that my sister will be leaving on her mission the Sunday before the baby is due- it just seems like there will be no down time and then suddenly there will be a little person around.  So Exciting!

We have been super blessed recently.  I was in a car accident that totaled one of our vehicles but was blessed that nothing happened to the baby or I.  For some strange reason, the airbags did not deploy which in a normal situation would be bad but when you are pregnant, airbags are dangerous to the baby.  In a regular front end impact, people have broken and bruised ribs and sternums as well as some facial lacerations at times- All from the airbag (good to remember that although that can happen it is better than going through a window)  In a pregnant woman's case, the first thing hit by the airbag is your abdomen which means most damage would happen to the baby... SO grateful that the Lord protected my little one and myself.  I am still a little jumpy when people pull stupid moves on the road but it is gradually passing.  Another blessing was that although Scott was working out of town, some friends of ours who live down the street were around, the husband was working a later day and was able to come get me (probably left to work later than usual though) and his wife was able to take me to an appointment to make sure there was no whiplash.  So Grateful!

Other blessings recently have been the ability to go through the Temple with my youngest sister as she prepares for a mission.  Everyone came to Calgary for it which was soooo nice for us- not as much driving for others as well.  And we were able to get Thompson family pictures which my mom loves to have!
Scott and I will be getting maternity photos done tomorrow, which we got for free in one of our maternity books and we will also be going to a play tonight at the Calgary tower (I gave Scott tickets for Christmas).
Classes are going well for Scott and he seems to have gotten into the swing of teaching, although it is a lot of work during and after his teaching hours AND no issues for him driving up to Red Deer three days a week so that has been great!  I got my hair cut and dyed because I felt like I was needing a change and I am loving it thus far.  I have also had the opportunity to teach the new curriculum to some of the youth in our ward, which has been so good for me as it has really had me thinking about the foundational pieces of the gospel and helped me strengthen my relationship with my Father in Heaven, for which I am truly grateful!  This change was so inspired and it will be so perfect for the youth who are going on missions earlier to have their own thoughts on the gospel and their own testimonies and feelings and know how to learn.

So, we have been blessed lately for which I am so grateful!  And although I have normal pregnancy aches and pains, they are normal and Scott is such a great support when I get cranky or forget how happy I am to be going through this experience.
Life has been great, so I guess that is my update- five weeks to go and loving the blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment