Friday, January 18, 2013

Eight Weeks To Go

 So, I have realized that there are different ways to carry a baby... meaning, some are in your abdomen but they feel like they are in your lungs, some feel like they are riding your bladder constantly, some are closer to the back and some are closer to the front.  I was told that little M was situated at the back of the uterus and I was waiting for her to be kicking into my ribs by now because everyone knows that you carry girls high and boys low, right?
Wrong.  That is one of those myths that is past down.  Here is a site with more correct info and everywhere I look online has also said that this is a myth or is correct 50% of the time. lol
What does that mean for me?
Well, to begin with, I noticed that I grew out of my pants super fast although I wasn't really showing.  I thought that was odd as I hadn't gained any weight.  I also noticed that my lower back was uncomfortable and that my hips were also uncomfortable quite early on- ok, that's just being pregnant I thought.
Now, I am understanding the difference between a baby carried high and one carried low... well kind of.
Little M is sitting really low.  So low that I called my midwives for a urine test, thinking that I had a bladder infection because my bladder so often hurts.  Every time I stand up from sitting down, I am reminded that she is sitting low because I have to reteach my hips how to walk.  It is a unique experience... And do I ever feel her under my ribs?  Not really.  Once or twice she comes close but never enough to wind me or hurt my chest.  If we hadn't found out the gender, I am sure people would be telling me that I am having a boy because that is the myth.  If you want other people's experiences, on one of the blogs that I follow, this woman had a boy and a girl and carried both of them high and is now pregnant with twins who she is carrying quite low.  So, it's all bunk but it's interesting to feel the changes that come with being further along.
My belly button hasn't popped yet and I don't yet have stretch marks on my belly.  My chest has grown way too much way too fast to say the same in that region.  My bra (32 F- from 30 C) is to the point where I should have gotten a new one a month or two ago but I am holding off, hoping I can just buy a nursing bra instead. We'll see if I make it.
Other fun changes now include:
Hearburn which I was prepared for and hasn't been as constantly there as it was with my sister so that has been a plus. I had a slurpee yesterday with hardly any heartburn!  Yay! 
Itchy stomach!  Nothing else to say there. lol.
People notice that I am pregnant now or comment on how round I am getting. ;) 
Skin has gone back to a sembalance of itself, more dry but less breakouts and redness- I can deal with dry- its Alberta. 
Gaining weight in my face, arms and legs recently. 
Even though I am going to the bathroom more frequently at night, I am getting more sleep than I was. 
My back hurts less than it did a few weeks ago and my right leg feels more normal more of the time. 
I can still wear heels although I am moer cautious on the ice. 
Being this close to baby means that we are getting more prepared for baby to be here.  All of the big stuff is done and we have purchased some clothing and some diapers and I have finished making everything for her room except the crib skirt.
Migraines have stopped for a while now and the dizziness is very infrequent!  Both are nice to see go and I guess both are related to each other- the body is trying to circulate blood and too much or not enough is always an issue.  The thing that seems to have replaced them is SVT (supraventricular tachycardia) meaning
that my heart gives a little jump every once in a while because it is working harder than it has in the past.  It also has decreased recently, going from 13 times in one hour to only being around after a really long day.  The midwives say that this is normal and will disappear after the birth which is fine by me.  I was worried for a while that it was heart arythmia- same signs but stays with you constantly- because Crystal and my mom and my grandfather all have this.
My feet and hands haven't become swollen too much so I am still wearing my wedding ring although now it fits instead of being more lose and I am still wearing all of my regular shoes. 
I've already commented on this one before, but my hair is growning less, meaning that I got my hair done in July, then in November and now the last weekend in January- instead of every month.  Although I miss seeing my hairdresser/friend as much, I do like that we are saving some money putting more money towards baby things and less towards my hair. lol 
We get to start our pregnancy classes the week after next and they will go until after the baby is born.
Maternity photos are in the works- we got a free before and after session with a place in a mall here and we are waiting until I get my hair done again to go for the maternity photos- too many blondish roots coming through right now.
And the best part?  Lots of movement.  I can see her little limbs move across my abdomen now and can start her moving if I poke my belly in the right spots.  I can feel where she is if I feel my belly out- always head down, sometimes on the right and sometimes on the left.  Huck has noticed her moving when he is cuddling with me and my shirt is up.  He will stare at my belly and cock his head to the side in his look of curiousity.  Its been really fun to see her grow and move from the outside to go with all the movement I have been feeling inside.  I never have to worry about six movements in two hours, she is often awake and moving during the day.  I haven't been woken by her in the night either, although when I get up to go to the bathroom she moves around somewhat and then back to sleep with us both. :)

On my pregnancy app, she is compared to the size of a head of lettuce, weighing in at around four pounds and 19 inches long- head to toe.  If she was born now, she would be concidered a moderately preterm baby and after a few weeks in NICU would be able to catch up with babies her age without many of the issues that premi's have.  Basically, the main things that are underdeveloped right now are her lungs.  But with that being said- stay in there, little one!  We don't want to see you until you are healthy and ready to be here.
Speaking of health.  Every time that I see the midwives, they tell me that she is healthy, the correct size, her heart is perfect and things are going exactly as they should be.  Yay for her!!

In other news, my sister, Rachel, got her mission call to the maritimes, same mission as our dad's sister.  She is leaving March 13.  She is having her farewell talk in Lacombe on March 10th.  Both of these things are sad in a way.  1. I don't know if I will be able to drive the two hours up and back to Lacombe six days before my due date, meaning I probably won't be able to go to her talk and 2.Unless little M comes early, Rachel won't see her until she is 18 months old unless we go to visit her.  So, although I want her to stay in, I also wouldn't mind if she were to come a week early- Only if she is healthy and ready at that time. lol  But C'est la vie, she'll come when she comes and things will work out the way they do.  Rachel yesterday put on her wall that she has 55 days until she leaves on her mission... well 55 days plus 3 days to the baby's due date, minus 1 day because that was yesterday and what do we have?  57 days until the baby is due!  Crazy!!  I honestly can't believe it is that close!  I can't wait for Rachel to go on her mission and I can't wait to hear all of the fun and new things she will learn and experience.  She's a special person and I just hope that the people of the maritimes will see that and love her as much as I do. 
Love you, Rach!!

1 comment:

  1. so exciting to see how things are changing and progressing towards little M's arrival!! We are SO EXCITED!!

    ReplyDelete