Thursday, July 19, 2012

Wedding

So, the final activity in our busy busy week was my second youngest sister's wedding.  We left after work on Friday and stayed in Coaldale with Scott's parents.  They were on their way to Waterton the next day but would watch Huckles until they left and then we would leave around 4 so that we'd be back for 5 and he'd only be in his cage for around 8 hours.  When we got his stuff from Jim, we forgot to get his lead, barking egg and water dish so we purchased another lead and water dish in Lethbridge.
Saturday morning, we left to Cardston early to practice with Jonathan and Rachel.  I decided to sing "A Thousand Years" by Christina Perri for Elizabeth's wedding and asked her if I could sing and sent her the link for the song.  She decided not to look at it so it could be a surprise, but she found out about it later.  It's all good. lol  When I got to grandma's house, Rachel was leaving to do wedding prep stuff and Jonathan wasn't ready.  So, we practiced while he got dressed and while I helped Samuel do his hair although I don't do it right apparently.  I told him that he should learn to do it himself when he complained.  I didn't get anymore complaints after that although once I was done, he made some changes. :)
Then it was off to the Temple.  When we got there, there was only us and one of the groomsmen.  Soon, one of Elizabeth's mentors from Lacombe showed up and then the temple workers asks us where Elizabeth and Pete's parents were and if anyone needed to go up in the elevator as they would take them now.  I apologised and said I didn't know where anyone was.  I didn't realize that Liz was marrying into a family that was just as late as ours. lol  Finally around 10 am, everyone started to show up and they took us up to the wedding ceremony.  It was great and it reminded me of when Scott and I got married in the same place, maybe even the same room.  Elizabeth and mom cried the whole time and most of the Hudson/Thompson side was crying a lot.  Our aunts Jackie and Emily both came as well as all of the siblings older than Liz.  Pete had a pretty cool ring, I noticed.  Then we were outside waiting for the couple to come out so we could take pictures and all of that fun stuff.  Elizabeth's hair was great with a side waterfall braid and wavy curls.  Crystal and Rachel also got their hair done as they were bridesmaids and they both looked good.  The bridesmaids dresses were cute and very bohemian.  Elizabeth had her dress altered in the sleeves and they took some of that fabric and used it for Brosie's sleeves of her dress so she matched her moma- darling.
After pictures there was some waiting (two hours) before the reception so we practiced the song some more, stopped for slurpies (Sorry Matt), watched over kidos and set up the sound system for the wedding (that was the guys not me).
The reception was great and low key with a lot of musical talents being shown.  Liz made a song for Pete and sang it and then we were done and back to Coaldale (Liz had told us that the decorator was also cleaning up so that we didn't have to do it which was nice- later I heard that people did stay and clean up- oops).  I heard later that Liz was sick the whole time- no fun.
I guess Jonathan had a talk to give on Sunday and from what I heard, he did great!
When we got back to Coaldale, Huckles was so grateful to see us and had a good little walk and then a great nap- so nice that it was an earlier wedding and reception.  Then we hung out with Scott's family and made dinner there.
Sunday after church, we found out that Scott's friend, Megan, from Coaldale, who had been living in China, was back visiting her family so we went over there to see her.  Scott and I were going to bike but then we took the dog and walked instead- it was so hot!  My back sweat the entire time and I even pulled my hair back because it was too hot on my face- and that's saying a lot when your hair is as short as mine is right now.
When we got there, we sat and chatted with her and her sister and Diane.  Then it was back to Scott's parents to pack and leave.  I left quickly to dig up some flowers that we had seen around the canal on our walk that I wanted in my garden.  After we got back, Huckles tried to get us to go out to the car several times and every time we took something out to the car to pack it, he would jump in and lay down.  He was ready to go home and be done- which tells you how crazy the week was because Grandpa is his favourite person and grandma is a close second.
Then it was home again home again, giggity jog.

Back to a less crazy, less chaotic life... Or not
Scott started teaching again this week and we had some visitors.  I'll have to post about that a little later.  So much to do, so much to write... But with that being said, life is good and we are enjoying it!

These are the only pictures I took at the wedding.  We forgot our camera.  We brought the camcorder though and I have a great clip with JuJu- Me"Who is getting married today?" Ju "Um.... (Long pause) Aunty Rachel!"  Me "Is it Aunty Rachel or Aunty Elizabeth?"  Ju with confidence "Aunty Rachel, yup it's Aunty Rachel!"  I then told her it was Elizabeth but by that point, she didn't care, she answered the question correctly in her mind and we were done.  lol

  
Reuben was crying and I asked if we should take his picture and so he stopped right away and came and sat with me.  Then Julia wanted to get in the action and we took a few more.
 
For those who want to see wedding pictures here are a few links to the ones others took on facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment