I know I know its been a long time since I have written a blog. Things have been kinda hectic though... So we are all moved in and unpacked here in Calgary, and I have to admit it's not as bad as I was thinking it would be. As many of you know I am the definition of "Home Body" I remember telling my mom at a very early age that I didnt want to go on a mission because I would have to leave her and not much has changed since then. The added fact of moving somewhere over a million people reside and parking space is thought of higher than naturally occurring grass didnt excite me to much either. But Michelle and I have managed to find a place to rent in an affluent lake community for a reasonable price, which means that although we are probably as far away as you can get to Calgary's hustle and bustle we still get to enjoy a Lethbridge type community. There are some plus sides that I didnt see coming as well! This morning Michelle and I took a bike ride (as we normally do) and something was different. It was quiet almost to quiet, I had to think to figure out what the missing sound was and it hit me (or rather didnt hit me) the lack of Lethbridge wind! I have to say wind has never really bothered me that much but on the other hand its nice to not have it too!
My job seems to be going well. For those of you who dont know I work for Sylvan Learning Centre as a Math teacher/Tutor. I find that I enjoy helping kids from grade 3 to 12 with there math problems and find teaching fairly gratifying work. The only major downsides are that a) because we are a company based on kids we are only open from 4:30 till 7:30 (which doesnt give me enough hours) and b) the Centre I work for is located fairly far from my house and considering the starting times makes me travel at less than optimal hours on busy Calgary roads.
Michelle has a job interview today, for some social work type job working with immigrant kids (I think). I wish her well for that and hope it's the kinda thing she would enjoy. But the truth is at this point we will accept any job she gets! It has ben difficult to secure jobs as we are still more or less students even though we have both graduated since we are returning to school in fall and therefore the work force sees us as temporary.
I have chatted with my parents via skype and found it to be a pleasant experience so if any of you have a skype account forward me your details so I can communicate with you! If you dont have skype get it! its free and a good way to communicate over long distances!
Any way I best be off. I will write more soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment