Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Blessings!

So today the trees were gorgeous! I wish I had taken my camera with me on the way to work. One of those days where the trees frost and icicle up just perfectly and it reminds me of a winter dream. One of my favourite songs came to mind and I have been listening to this artist all day now. I like being able to listen to music while I work on paperwork or any computer work while I am at LDS Family Services. It makes the day so happy and relaxing, too. If the trees still look the same when I go home tonight, I will definitely take a picture to share!
Practicum is so good and do not want it to end although I can already see the end. Four months and 400 hours is not long enough, especially when you are working with pregnancy which is at least five months longer than that. I just want to stay at this practicum and do it for my next practicum!
It is also crazy to notice that after being in school for the last four years, that Scott and I are done at the end of this semester. Even with a plan to go back to school next year, it is still weird to know that we will be done this step in our lives so soon.
So as I am listening to some of my favourite artists today, I am noticing the way I react to music and how useful it can be and how easily a song can change your mood. I can't get away from my pretty sounding girls with their soft strings in the background. I was so surprised the other day to hear that one of my sisters stumbled upon one of them and then another was on a radio station later that week. I pointed out the song on the radio to Scott and I guess he had the same experience this week, too! In school, we keep talking about taking care of ourselves and having time to put into ourselves. For me a big part of "me time" is good music. It reminds me of D&C25 "the song of the righteous is a prayer unto me, and it shall be answered with a blessing upon their heads." Music is such a blessing in my life, whether it is the hymns, primary songs or these other artists that I absolutely love!

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment