I am just trying to work on my priorities this year. Yes, I am still working hard on school but I have decided this semester there will be scheduled time that I am working on schoolwork AS WELL AS scheduled time I will not be working on schoolwork. I hope it works out; so far it seems to be fine.
Michelle and I have been called to teach primary (10 year olds to be exact) last week was our first attempt. It went well, Michelle and I role-played “the War in Heaven” starring Michelle of course as Jesus and I reluctantly portrayed Lucifer. Of course, every child but one selected agency with Michelle, and I was consigned to “destroy the agency of one little boy.” The rule was that whenever he wanted he could choose to switch to Michelle’s plan but that he could only switch once. With me, he was doomed to sit and stare at the corner, speak as little as I could get him to, and be perfectly still. This rebel was adamant about enjoying his choice, but everyone could tell that he was just trying to be tough and would have much rather have been able to play games with Michelle and the rest of the group. As you may have guessed this little boy is well known around the ward to be a problem child and when being called to this calling even Michelle and I were warned that if he got to much we should let the Bishopric know and get a new calling. However, somehow with my “destroying agency,” and stubborn antics I think I got through to him and all sharing time long he had his head on my shoulder and had a noticeably more participative attitude.
For those of you who don't know my future career plans are to become an actuary. An actuary is basically a statistician who deals with real world data, for example calculating how long a specific type of person will live for insurance companies or maybe calculation how much money it would take to start a pension plan and keep it going. My last semester will be tough, I had the ability to take some easier classes but I didn’t think that I would look as good to potential employers.
I am still in track but as I mentioned before I am trying to focus on priorities this year and that means I haven’t been able to really put a lot of effort in to it. So really I am just in it this year to keep in shape and get my scholarship.
Some of my thoughts on being in my last semester have been that I will miss school... a lot! Not so much the social aspect like I miss from high school years, but more the freedom that I will lose and the practicality that a real job will bring. Actually I am getting kinda stressed about needing to find a job come summer. I hope some things can start coming in to place so that I have some sense of direction soon. If any of you know some suggestions let me know.
I have been given an email from Michelle's uncle Glen of an actuary and I have written him and now am waiting to here back. I hope something can come from that. Wish me luck!
Michelle, I just saw a picture on Leslie's Blog of you at Kens house. Your hair looks really long, you should put a new picture of you on your blog.
ReplyDelete