Monday, September 3, 2018

Summer!! 2018

Summer was amazing!

Scott had the summer to make a new course and Maudie had it off and I was working part time with Community Clinics at the South, so we had so much fun times over the summer this year. There aren't really enough pictures to do it justice but I will try.

Our first adventure was the annual trip to Silverwood amusement park in The Bus and this year we brought some friends and, of course, Linda and Ian. It is always so great to have these vacations where Maudie gets to spend close time with her grandparents.  I hope that she will have many memories of them in years to come.  I was so blessed to have my all of my grandparents alive for my childhood and have so many great memories of them and of my Great-Grandmother as well. Maudie still has two living Great-Grandmothers, one on each side of the family. 








We did some boating.  It's always fun to get out on the boat and feel the breeze... And read a book!  (That's my favourite thing to do on the boat. I don't mind getting behind the boat on the tube, but I really like to sit in the boat and talk and read and enjoy the beautiful scenery.) Thanks, Grandpa Ian for always being so willing to take us out to enjoy the lake!

We helped my parents move into Calgary on the North East side.  I was super surprised that by the end of it, there were about 10 missionary companionships helping move them in.  They went from a fairly small house to a really small town house, so it was quite a bit of a down-size.  The plan is that they will be here for a year while my mom does her Masters in Social Work, but who knows what it will turn into.  We've already had them over multiple times since the beginning of August. It'll be fun to have them close.

And there was hail... It looks fun here, but it destroyed my garden.  My bleeding hearts died, my apple tree was pretty sad looking with only bruised apples left, my hollyhocks, which I've so desperately been attempting to grow wilted, and my peas and beans were dead.  But the sweet peas harried through and are still blooming now in early September, so I feel slightly better. 

Over the week of July/August, we went to visit family! Scott's sister lives in Dover, Delaware and has family in St. George, Utah, so we flew to Vegas and then drove to St. George. (Fun fact- St. George is a community settled by early members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  We don't typically name people St. Something. So to have a town named after a St. George is unusual. It is named after George Albert Smith, who taught the early saints to eat potatoes to combat scurvy and who was dubbed the potato saint, so the city was named Saint George after him.)
Linda and Ian drove down separately and we were able to rent a VRBO for the 3 families to share which was awesome!
(Airport and airplane fun)

Here are some pictures from our time there.  It is so hard to sort through them and pick a few and I tried, but there are still a lot.


Scott and I were able to go to able to go to a session at the temple while we were there which was so nice.  Scott's sister went the week before while her in-law's watched her kids.  I felt bad that Linda and Ian didn't get the chance to go.










I love being in or around water and reading.  This is my happy place.  Especially when family is also around and I can chat and watch them play happily.






It was a great time and we enjoyed all of it. 

Then another annual trip was our adult get-away.  This year, like last year, we took another couple with us, which was nice.


If you ever want to go on a short trip and need a good place to stay.  Look up Theodora's hide-away or Theodora's garden in Eureka.  It is a great location, just outside of Eureka and she has a cute little cabin-turned-cabin on her property that is so homey.  







I love Logan's Pass and traveling through there as well. It was super busy and super windy so we didn't get to walk around lots, but it was beautiful.  I want to go again on the motorbike, or perhaps I'll get my licence and we can go on separate ones because it is so nice to have your helmet off and be soooooo Close to nature- one of the best experiences ever. Hiking through there is also nice, but this wasn't the day for a long one.



We have been running twice a week recently as Maudie is such a fast runner.  She already can run better than Momma and beats me back to the house every time, looking way less red in the face!  Here's a pic of our after-run snack!
We ae getting ready to go back to school around here, or to school for the first time, for Maudie.  So Maudie and I have been walking to school in the mornings to get her ready for that walk starting tomorrow. We also had a back-to-school party on Saturday.  Momma made some fun drinks with umbrellas just for Maudie girl!  Magdalen will start KG with Miss Bender and Miss Livingstone tomorrow with two of her good friends from her day-home.  We are super excited for all the new learning and fun!



And Maudie lost her second tooth on Saturday which was so fun! She is getting so big!


No comments:

Post a Comment