My girl,
I love you soooo much! I am so grateful that I get to be your mom and that I have gotten the opportunity to parent you here on this earth. It does make the separation from your siblings that much more bearable. And the fact that you also will share your feelings about them and the desires you have for them is also so sweet.
Do you know that you tug on my heart strings so much!! (This day was cold and you still put that dress on for me so that I could get cute pictures- you are so patient at times!)
You have such a big personality and it shows through in all you do. being separated from you this week really reminded me how much of my life is spent with you and how many smiles you bring to your Daddee and me. Your personality shows through in your outfits, your facial expressions, and all you say.
You have such a big personality and it shows through in all you do. being separated from you this week really reminded me how much of my life is spent with you and how many smiles you bring to your Daddee and me. Your personality shows through in your outfits, your facial expressions, and all you say.
I know we celebrate you in many ways and I wanted to add to that by writing you a post here for later.
It's nice for Daddee and I that you love theatre as much as we do and I have really enjoyed taking you to some fun performances at Story Book Theatre. I hope we'll be able to go to more of them over the years.
You are a special girl. I love that you congratulate yourself when you do well and encourage yourself when you are struggling. I appreciate your desire to help others around you. Recently you have started really using the coping strategies that we have discussed when you are scared or struggling- breathing techniques and prayers and taking a break, etc. I am so glad that you try these and try new things. I also love that you try to think about what others are feeling and try to see how best to understand them. I love that you are always making notes for those that you love and sharing your love with them.
I want you to know that the most important thing you can learn in this life is that your Father in Heaven loves you and wants you to return Home to Him.
This was what you chose to wear for your second talk in primary. You were more scared this time and Momma read most of it, but you actually read it sooo well the morning before church started. And both times you have mostly made your talk by yourself after we have asked you what you know and like about the topic you were given. You also memorized both of them and had a talk written out with pictures to help remind you of what you needed to say. (Over the summer you recited an article of faith from memory in front of the primary and you were so brave and did it by yourself. Way to go!!)
I love you and I love our Father in Heaven. I love your prayers where you are asking Heavenly Father for help and the prayers afterwards where you thank Him for that help.
You have really been loving dance and asking every week if you can do tap as well. I love your passion for dancing. Even if you don't want to get ready in the morning, once you are dressed, you have never once said you don't want to go, which I have found to be a wonderful surprise. This coming school/dance year, we are going to try 3 classes in a row with you getting yourself changed (mainly shoes) while Momma gets the grocery shopping you dislike done. I already think this will not be a problem for you. You also love to dance around the house to music playing that you sing to or just a song that you are singing yourself. Sometimes you make something you and sometimes you sing a song we know with new words. It's lots of fun!
You are loving the trampoline. It is nice to be able to make dinner or get things done around the house while you go out and jump or play around in the back yard.
Recently, you decided that your favourite colour changed from purple, which it has been since you could talk and understand the concept of favourites, and maybe before, to orange. You also love rainbows, unicorns, spiders, snakes, and all animals. I don't think you have met or seen an animal you don't like, although you have a slight fear of bees and wasps and think every fly in the house must be a wasp.
I wonder what you are thinking here. You really enjoyed your birthday and all your friends. You keep saying that you want to go to treehouse for your next birthday, but I am hesitant as we don't get to book the whole thing, only a room for an hour and then hope we keep track of all of your friends while you all play. That's not my idea of an easy party. But we shall see.
Your eye hurt one day and we started doing cucumbers for a few nights. You liked it. So did Huckleberry who got the cucumbers once you were done with them. What a patient dog-brother you have.
You are hesitantly learning to ride better and better every time. You often talk about how you are scared of this or that, but you are so willing to put yourself out there at least once and I am so proud of you for that. This summer, you jumped in the pool by yourself by the end of our week vacation in St. George when on the first day, you were scared to let go of Daddee or I or even take off your goggles. You came so far to concur your fears and I know that you will be able to do anything that you put your mind and heart to.




You were drawing pictures of us as a family, spiders (not pictured here) and other fun things. I just loved that you wanted to sit and draw and be funny with me.
I know that there may come a day where we won't feel like best friends. I want you to know that if that ever happens, I will always love you to the sun and moon and stars and back. I want you to know that I pray for you daily and love you more than I can say. I hope we get many more years together and I dream that you will always feel like we are close and you can always talk to us about anything. I dread the day you don't want to tell me your thoughts and dreams and I hope it never comes.
MissMiss, please remember all the time how much your Momma loves you and even with the amount of love I have for you, Heavenly Father loves you even more. So remember to love yourself, no matter what. Even when you make a mistake, love yourself and do what you can to make it right.
Love your Momma
PS-The "watch out boys" was towards our dogs who had decided they wanted to go dance with her.































No comments:
Post a Comment