Friday, November 2, 2012

Baby!

It's a...


GIRL


We had a little party last Friday with our parents and some close friends (My parents on the phone and google+) to revel the gender.

Before this, when we went to our ultrasound, the tech told us that she could tell us the gender but she wasn't allowed to write it down because of policy.  We wanted to be as surprised as everyone else at the party but it was so exciting anyways.

Being the oldest and a girl in my family, there are some things that I have noticed are better about having a girl first:  You have a built in babysitter; even if it's just that you want to take a nap or run to the mail (I remember that I was doing family babysitting when my parents moved into Lacombe so around 9-10), you get to play with cut-sie baby girl clothes without any other kids around to have to get ready yet, you have an extra pair of hand for cleaning soon (even my nephews were "helping clean" at two), girls are more complicated I hear, helping with learning as a parent fast, did I mention cute baby girl clothes!  In our household, a girl will even out numbers as there are Scott and Huck against me at the moment.  In our extended family, both sides would have preferred a boy, I think (4 to 2 on the Thompson side and 7 to 4 on the Robison side- one of Scott's brothers has five girls).

I also love the decor that can be used in a girls room and the home-made crafts... Although i can't find my rotary cutter at the moment so no blankets being worked on yet.

A few funnies about the ultrasound:  
1.We got there at 3pm which was when I wrote it down for on all the schedules... they had us down for 2:35... but still let us in. 
2.I had drank less than the amount of water that they tell you to but I was to the point were I thought I was going to throw up if I didn't use the bathroom.  The receptionist said I could pee for five seconds... So much better.  Then once I got into the room, the tech said I was too full to see anything and I needed to go empty...Then half way through the ultrasound, which seemed like it was 30 min long, she told me that I needed to go again, and I agreed. lol  Wow, they have you drink WAY too much water!!
3. The technician kept telling me what a beautiful baby I had (you can see that in ultrasound pics?) and then when we got to the front desk, the receptionist printing the disk of pic's said the same thing.  Scott replied that she said that to everyone and she claimed she didn't.  Well, whether or not our baby is beautiful in ultrasound photos, she really is photogenic- sometimes it is really hard to see what they are taking a picture of and I usually look at what they write at the bottom of the photo to help me out- but you could tell with every picture... Other than the one that was her thighs showing the gender- I didn't realize until the tech told us that the two lines we were looking at were thighs- but they were really clear as well.  So, I guess we have a photogenic in-utero baby.  ;)
(Sorry I don't have pic's here but they are on Fb)

We also have a name that we agree on and a second, too.  We aren't saying too much yet because we are not 100% sure but when we are more confident, maybe we'll start telling people.  (We have two boys names that we also agree on, just in case and for the future)  We haven't fully decided on middle names because we have two different themes that we like and we don't know what we think about two middle names... We'll see.  We like the idea of family names for middle names and we also like the idea of Greek alphabet letters for middle names- especially ones with cool significance and some of them even have a connection to Christ.  They are very commonly used in statistics- I actually had trouble helping Scott study for tests because of all of the Greek alphabet- I would say things like "The backwards E or the Triangle." But you can only use the Roman alphabet (English) for naming children and it would be way cooler to have the actual Greek letter versus spelling it out in Roman... So, we shall see.

I am scared because I remember being a teenage girl and all of the hormones that I had to deal with and that parents have to deal with, but that's years down the road, right?

And I love the young women that I work with and they are great, so hopefully she turns out like them!
Speaking of, I will follow this blog with an update soon of what our youth have been doing.  They are awesome and have worked so hard for the Temple dedication.  Way to go!!

1 comment: