Thursday, May 10, 2012

Family Visits

I apologize for the lack of pictures.  I was having too much fun to remember my camera but I am sure my sister-in-law will post a few pictures when she gets around to it and I will attach that post to my blog. :)
Scott's sister, Di, and her family, live in England and we were able to see them last summer when we went out to visit.  They have been planning this visit for a while now and once we got the itinerary, I was super excited and made sure to book off as many days as I could so that we could hang out with her.  For those of you who don't know our family, she is truly awesome!!  Scott jokes all the time about how she took all the crafty, artsy abilities for both of them.  And it's true that she is super crafty and can make anything look great.  NEwho... She and her hubby and their two kidos came for a visit and Scott and I were blessed to have booked time off to hang out with them.  We got them from the airport on Thursday last week (Next time we get them from a plane we are going to have to have balloons and maybe a sign- I totally wanted to do it this time but it didn't happen).
We were able to host Christmas this year because of all the space at our house so it was big enough for Di and her family and Scott's parents and there were still beds left over and plenty of space for everyone which was nice.  Di's daughter, Ava, was so excited to have her own bedroom at our place and when her cousins came over she said they were going to her room to play.  So Cute!!
We spent Friday at the Calgary Zoo- the first time I have been there since the penquines and by the time we wanted to see them there was no line- so blessed!
Saturday was family pictures in Red Deer.  Scott's family haven't had family pictures since his oldest niece was a baby... eight years apx.  It was snowy in Calgary (Yes, in May!) and we locked the keys in the van before we left but we got to Red Deer on time still.  Wow!  It was a little slow driving but we got there safe and sound.  The pictures were outside so the kids were a little cold... Who am I kidding- the adults were a little cold. lol  But from what I saw, they are going to look great.  Every family had a different colour, ours was a light brown- lucky cause it matches Huck. lol
After pictures, we went out for dinner, but Scott and I decided to go to Lacombe to surprise my parents while the rest of the family went for dinner.  We called up my mom and she was just getting back from highway clean up- in the rain... A note on highway cleanup- seriously the worst Young Women's project every year and every year the money went to the young men and not many of them would show up.  I really liked Young Women's but I HATED highway cleanup.  I guess now all the money goes to the young women and they are the ones who don't show. Its fate. :)
We sat and chatted until dad and the boys left to a movie and then we took my mom and grandma out for dinner at a Greek restaurant.  It was great!  Then, while dropping grandma off at the house, my sister was home from Priest/Laurel's conference and we got to see one of the dresses she is contemplating for grad and got to chat with her.  It was a great visit all around and the roads were good going home.  We even got back before it got very dark, which I was grateful for. :)
On Sunday, we went to Sacrament in Sundance for fast Sunday.  It was nice.  Scott kept Dave for his sunday school lesson and the rest of us went back to the house to make food and pack for Banff and Radium.
We rented a condo in Banff for Sunday night and a cabin in Radium for Monday and Tuesday.  It was great fun!!  On the way out of town, we stopped at the Temple.  Ava says the funniest things and when we were at the Temple, someone asked what Huck's name was, (Ava was walking him) her responce was "Sorry, we have to go to the mountains now." and she walked away. :)  Another time, she fell in a puddle and got her pants wet- this was in Red Deer at the family pictures.  She told her parents she wanted to go back to Canada to Grandma and Grandpa's house (She'd never been there yet, only to ours so I think that was what she was talking about).  So Cute!!

So, we played at the hot tubs in Banff, took a gondola ride, played in the "bear cave" as Ava called it, outside the condo, and went shopping "downtown" in Banff.  In Radium, we played a Disney board game, which Ava won, we went to the pool at the community centre, played some tennis, went for walks, saw a LOT of big horned sheep (They even have a statue of them), and some of us went to the hot springs.  It was great (Although I think everyone got sick).

On Wednesday morning, we packed up and said good bye and Scott and I headed out to Calgary.  Di and her family and Grandma and Grandpa were heading down to Coaldale so that grandma could work.  They are going to have a extended family BBQ on Friday and go down to Montana on the weekend so that they can see Dave's parents.  Then they will be back up for a possible Drumhellar visit on Wednesday and then back on the plane home on Thursday.

When we got home, Huck had slept the enitre car ride and all he wanted to do was sleep some more.  I ahve to admit it did look tempting, but I was able to get some errands done around town and then back for Capture the Flag at Young Women's.

It was a great trip and we had a lot of fun!!  Can't wait until next week but it's back to work for me on Thursday. (Two day week isn't bad. lol)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for foregoing the family dinner for visiting us! It was a great visit and we look forward to the next one!!
    Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete