Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Sick

This general conference, a talk that stuck with me was from Saturday morning by Elder Kent F. Richards, a member of the 70's. It's about sickness and pain and if you want to watch it follow this link.
I should have known that it was touching me because I would have to deal with being sick soon after.
So here are the blessing that I have felt in the last 24 hours of being sick:
I am learning that I can take care of myself and I should take care of myself.
I learning that I can work through being sick (don't know how good the work is but it gets done).
I can smile through being sick and I can uplift others.
The Lord blesses me to be more patient and I am hopefully learning patience, fingers crossed.
When I am slower moving, I can notice a lot more good around me.
One important thing is that life still goes on while you are sick- papers don't go away, clients don't go away, classes don't go away, the housework doesn't go away and for those who have kids, parental duties don't go away.
I will probably learn a lot more and I am glad for the things that I learn through all the things that happen to me.
And...Spring is starting to look like it's here!! Hope you all get out and enjoy it!
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment